Let’s discuss Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It’s a very serious illness that has dire consequences to those who come into contact with those stricken by it. An estimated one in ten people have it, and if you were to somehow combine all of them, Trump would still have more.
So, for journalistic accuracy and integrity, let’s examine the symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder and see if they apply to self-proclaimed “Chosen one”, “Second Coming”, and “Very Stable Genius” Donald J. Trump. Here, below, are the symptoms of NPD.
- Constantly demeans, bullies and belittles others
- Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
- Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness
- Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
- Need for continual admiration from others
- Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
- Exploitation of others to achieve personal gain
- Unwillingness to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
- Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
Hmm, well out of these nine indicators Trump did score all nine of them…
So, in short, Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by:
- exaggerated feelings of self-importance,
- excessive need for admiration,
- and a lack of empathy.
Let’s go down that list.
- Trump now calling himself “GOD” might possibly fall into the “exaggerated feelings of self-importance” category.
- Trump having the ghouls in his cabinet gather around him to systematically praise him (on the condition that otherwise they may be doused with Holy Water when they least expect it) may indeed fall into the “excessive need for…